:::Skip to main content
Site Map Contact us 中文版
  • font size
    A A A
font size small icon font size medium icon font size large icon Share information to Facebook Forwarding information by email Pop-up print setting
Questions and Answers of the Inspection

1.How does special supervision fee charged in terms of shift work?


The collection of Customs special supervision fees is divided into day shift (From 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.) and night shift (From 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.) respectively.

2.How does shipping company apply for cargo shut-out and transshipment after office hours during emergency?


The shipping company (agent) should submit the transshipment application along with two copies of “Shut-out Memo” to the Customs supervisors for approval.

3.Is customs clearance required when vessels departing from the port only to get refuel or supplies?


No import declaration or customs clearance is required for vessels without loading/discharge of passengers/goods, only to get refuel and supplies and will be leaving the port within 24 hours.

4.What should the shipping company or agent do if the original seals of the transit containers were lost before discharge?


The Shipping Company should report to the Customs during discharge and request for inspection in the presence of Customs officer. After the confirmation, the Customs will issue a verification of “Original Seals Lost before Discharge.” The containers will be re-sealed and fees will be charged according to the regulation.

5.What should the shipping company or agent do if the vessels have to remove to other wharfs to continue discharging?


For a vessel needs to move to other wharfs to discharge at the same port, the main shipping company or agent should file with the customs officer for the change for customs clearance.

6.Is discharge permit and customs clearance required for discharge waste oil from the operation of turbines during the voyage of vessels?


Waste oil processing company should submit entrustment document of the shipping company and the permit issued from Environmental Protection Division at Harbor Bureau as well as G2 import form to clear the customs and pay the duty. The waste oil and water can then be delivered out of the port once the release notice was given.

7.When the shipchandler supplies goods for a ship, does it need to clear from Customs ?


It needs not, when the goods value (FOB) under NT$50,000 have to register at the Customs clearance counter with the invoices and complete “Application for Supplies of Daily Items on Vessels”.  However the goods value over (FOB) NT$50,000 shall still be declared from Customs.

8.Below are some relevant questions of the Navigation Aid Charge:What documents shall I submit if I want to pay for NAC in advance ?How long is the validity of a NAC?How is it charged?


Purchasing“tonnage dues” in advance requires documents,such as the certificate of Vessel’s nationality and the tonnage certificate.
The term of validity is 4 months.
It is charged by the registered net tonnage of vessel,for the Vessel’s net-weight is over 150 tons,it is charged 6 NT dollar per ton;for those below 150 tons,3 NT dollar per ton.if the vessel carries no cargo but passengers ,it is charged half of the previously mentioned amount.

9.How to apply for the withdrawal of the non-declared export cargo?


Applying for those non-declared export cargo stored at warehouse or container yard,the owner or declarant shall fill out the application from to cancel the declaration and submit along with packing list、letter of authorization 、warehouse certificate、loading list etc.

  1. Non-self-policing warehouse:

  Applying to the warehouse officers.
  The officers will review the documents ,check the goods,and escort the cargo to go.After all,the relevant documents will be filed for futher reference.

  1. Self-policing warehouse:

  Applying to the audit officers.
  The officers will review the documents and file relevant documents for futher reference.
  The goods checking and cargo escorting will be entitled to the responsibly certified employee of the warehouse.Customs audit officers may review and check the cargo and documents at any time.

10.An inbond passenger who carries a limited amount of more than NT$100,000 with him/her. How will he/she get through Customs?


In terms of exceeding part of NT$100,000.The exceeding part of money must be approved by the Central Bank of Taiwan before he/she takes the permit to declare to Customs. Otherwise, it should be kept in Customs for return.


Contact point:Patrol & Seizure Section, Inspection Division
TEL:(04) 26565101 ext 150
Office hours:Monday ~ Friday  8:30-12:30  13:00-17:00





Issued:Secretariat Release date:2021-02-26 Click times:523